![]() |
| Decision Time! |
It's that time of year again where Maggie Moo must weigh her options! What to do? Do I stay in Korea for another year? Do I move on some where else? What are the pros and cons?
Korea:
- I've had a great time in Korea for far
- I've had a positive experience working at my school
- I love Korean food
- I have developed a firm base here
- I love my rugby team
Cons
- I would really like to work at a different school level: Uni, Highschool etc.
- While saving money here should be easy, I pretty much live like a baller! So easy to spend!
- I wish I got to play rugby more often
- Being paid a bit more somewhere that would acknowledge my Masters degree would be nice!
Middle East:
- Pay is great!
- Capacity to save much more
- Pretty much a ton of the food I grew up eating and love!
- There is rugby!
Cons
- Quite a bit less freedom in my daily life/interactions
- Much more covering than I would have to wear in most places (although be fair Korea I remain pretty covered)
- HOT! SO SO HOT!
- Playing in super hot weather sucks!
Hong Kong
- One of my favorite places in the world!
- Better pay
- regular rugby
- and delicious, delicious Dim Sum, plus close proximity to Macau, another one of my faves!
Cons
- Expensive
- Smaller housing
- A bit more crowded than I'm used to
- Would I actually save any money?
America......yeah.....not ready to go there yet! I've toyed around with the idea of Taiwan and I have a unique opportunity to do some work in American Samoa, so this shall be an interesting process! Thoughts? Opinions? Constructive Criticism?

How are you doing the job search here in Korea? Just wondering because I also have my MA and it's been hellish trying to find uni work. It basically, in my city, is just knowing the right people. Half the people at my local unis have BAs and just fell into it.
ReplyDeleteHey! Sorry for the late response. Definitely talk to folks who already work at Unis, join the uni job fb group and just apply to everything you see. I've been told the best way is to link up with a friend already working at a uni to get your foot in the door.
ReplyDelete