Thursday, September 5, 2013

What's Going On in Maggie Moo's Classroom


1) My kids got a new seating chart this week. I went through, matched their name and photo and assigned them seats based on how obnoxious they are in class. Haha, it's a shame I didn't do this sooner. Other than the few criers and one minor tantrum, it has been smooth sailing.

How my students feel about the chart.....


2) I stopped resisting using Korean in the classroom "Hangukmal Hajima" (Don't speak Korean) has been my best friend this week.

3) I've had a lot of fun with my students and got their energy level up, simply by coming into class with more energy and actually eating breakfast!

4) We have turned "Partner Conversations" into "K-dramas," which makes kids more excited to participate and encourages them to use English. I honestly can't believe I didn't think of this sooner, it's ridiculous how much smoother partner classes are!

5) I had to punish my first years for the first time, old school style " I will listen in English class"
Usually they are pretty well behaved....


6) We've started an "English Open Mic" where students come in, play some guitar, sing and we have a mini Korea's Got Talent.

1 comment:

  1. if we had you out here there would be a lot of very excited kids, willing to learn, I miss teaching, I wish i could miss my kids, but thanks to facebook they have found me, but I love them..

    ReplyDelete