Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Federal Background Check-Expediting


So if you are having trouble with your federal background check. For example: The process is taking to long, your information/fingerprints were lost or you are having trouble getting a straight answer about your expected date to receive the check, you have the option of contacting your local congress person. This can make the process much smoother and often expedite your documents. When I sent my CRC in February I was not expecting to be waiting until mid April to hear back. I called numerous times and was given different information each time. Finally, I contacted my congress women. Here's how.

1) Go to your local congress person's website
2) Search for an area that talks about "Help with a federal agency" For Wisconsin that's located here
3) Fill out form, often you can email it or fax it to make the process easier. Provide all information about the process: the day you sent it, the day it was said to have been received and all interaction with the FBI office in West Virginia.
4) You should receive a call from your local representative in 1 to 2 business. Mine called the same day, within 2 hours. She had checked on the process, asked for a solution and assured me it would be sent out within two days. It was!
5) Send a nice little thank you for all of their help!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I submitted my prints to the FBI in January 2013. I recently received a letter from the FBI saying that they could not read my prints. So I have to repeat the process. Do you think there is still time for me to complete the EPIK process if I resubmit my prints tomorrow? I'm guessing I'll get the apostille on the CBC by the first half of May.
    How are the Korean students?

    ReplyDelete